If you aren’t doing cardio you could be missing out a ton of benefits that go beyond a high calorie burn.
All exercise benefits your health! It’s just good to get in some things that get your heart rate up too.
Why you should be getting in some cardio every week:
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Strengthens your heart
- Strengthens your immune system
- Improves your sleep
- Benefits your mental health
- Regulates your blood sugar
- Helps prevent age related memory loss and learning ability
So many ways you can go with this:
You can go for slow easy intensity or harder and shorter.
Recommendations are to aim to get these numbers WEEKLY:
-> 75 minutes of intense cardio (Example: 2 sessions of -> 30 minutes and one 15 minute session)
150 minutes if its less intense (Example: 30 minutes 5 days a week)
Find a schedule that works
You can build a schedule that works for you.
Walk for 30 minutes 5 days a week
Walk 1 day and do trampoline 2 days.
Run 3 days and walk 1 day.
How you’ll feel
The energy and the stamina during the day that you will feel from doing this on a regular basis is amazing!
I do the trampoline workouts paired with foam rolling 2-3 times a week. I can tell that when I am doing this consistently, I don’t feel so tired at 2pm when I would have usually hit a wall.
Don’t skip your cardio if at all possible. Find ways to get it in!
Do what you like
Do what works for your body
Below see a list of ideas
- Trampoline fitness – (low impact and highly modifiable. Great for all fitness levels)
- Jump rope (very high impact)
- Elliptical or Rowing
- Sports like soccer and basketball