This meal never fails! So good and easy and really you can use any vegetable you have on hand.
- 1 white or sweet onion roughly chopped
- 2lbs Ribeye sliced thin or Flank Steak or Skirt Steak Garlic
- 4-6 cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup Ginger – about chopped rough
- 1/4 cup Ginger beer (optional)
- 1/2 cup or more Soy sauce or Coconut Aminos or Tamari
- 1/2 TBS Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar.
- Enough to cover meat Chicken or beef or vegetable broth
- Head of Broccoli
- 2-3 Green onions
- Basmati rice (Make extra for other meals)
- Frozen cauliflower rice
- Cilantro (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cornstarch (optional)
- Saute the onions in avocado or coconut oil.
- Add the steak and garlic, ginger, ginger beer, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar and broth in the slow cooker with the onions. Could add some red chili flakes if you like it spicy.
- Cook for about 6-8 hours on low. I really find low works best. It will be tender and flavorful!
- Cook the basmati rice according to the package.
- Cook the frozen cauliflower rice in the microwave according to the package
Once the rice is done:
I don’t always do this step. It’s not needed. But it does thicken the sauce.
- Mix the cornstarch with cold water.
- Mix the corn starch and the the liquid from the slow cooker in a Saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and let thicken.
Steam your broccoli
Place 1/4 cup basmati in bowl
Top with 1/4-1/2 cup cauliflower rice
Add beef broccoli mixture
Sprinkle green onion, cilantro, and sesame seeds on top. Maybe some Siracha!