Sometimes it’s just about the flavors and we don’t really need all of the ingredients to get the taste we want.
These BP (Bell Pepper) Nachos are proof that the chips don’t have to be the main ingredient in Nachos.
Try these out and top your way. Then let me know if you loved it and how you made it your own special recipe!
- Bell Peppers
- Ground Beef or Turkey or shredded chicken thighs
- Taco Seasoning
- Chopped green or red onion
- Cheese: shredded Colby, Cojita, or Feta
- Salsa or hot sauce or both
- Pre-heat the oven to 425
- Cut your bell peppers into fours.
- Roast the pepper for about 4-6 minutes.
- Cook your meat of choice and add taco seasoning.
- Chop up all the onions.
- Microwave your corn.
Put them together
- Put about 3-6 spoons of meat into the bell pepper shell.
- Sprinkle on onion, corn, and cheese.
- Top with salsa or hot sauce.
- Sprinkle on crushed tortilla chips (use up the bottom of the bag)
- Add olives or avocado
- Add some chopped lettuce
- Add some roasted pumpkin seeds
I’d love to hear you special ingredient additions or ideas! Leave a comment.