This was really easy and really satisfying. I made the ingredients over the course of a couple days. The sausages were leftover from a pasta dish, the lentils I made the evening before while cooking potatoes and chicken so all So all I had to do was put it all together.
I always forget how good lentils are. They are yummy, easy, and so healthy! Lentils are full of fiber, iron, potassium, folate and tons of protein!
This is really easy to modify with whatever you have or feel like.
- 4 Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage or Turkey Sausage
- 4 Cups chopped Collards or Spinach
- 8-12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Feta
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Brown Lentils
- 1 cup chopped Yellow Onion (split in half)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Harissa Seasoning (optional)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Put a lentils, 1/2 cup chopped onion, broth, garlic, bayleaf, salt and pepper into the insta pot for 10 minutes on high. You can also do them for 15-20 minutes simmering on the stove.
- Sauté the Collards or spinach with 1/2 cup chopped onion, salt and pepper. I usually add a little water or broth too. Should be done in about 5-10 minutes. Depends on how soft you like it.
- Toss the tomatoes in olive oil and salt and use the broiler or a toaster over to warm them up.
- Brown the sausage in a cast iron skillet or just microwave.
Then put it all together.
- 1 Sausage
- 1/2 Cup Lentils
- 1/2 Cup Sautéd Greens
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Feta
- Drizzle on the balsamic and olive oil to taste.
I’d love to hear if this sounds good to you or if you try it out!